"Warrick, Mark" wrote:

> The fusebox methodology has many benefits, and I really don't think it adds any time
>to the development cycle.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it helps speed up development.

  Well, that has nothing to do w/ Fusebox.  Any programming methodology will offer
this benefit.  The key is having one in place and sticking to it.

> One of the greatest advantages of the style is that you can modularize you code, and
>in doing so, you can assign pieces of your application to various developers without
>worrying about them stepping on each other's toes.

  See above.  This is not unique to fusebox.

> Another advantage is that certain companies (such as mine) require it.  So if you
>don't do it, you're not going to get a job with certain companies.

  If you are not a consultant, that is complete hogwash, I think.  Especially with
today's job market.  Fusebox (or whatever methodology the company uses) should be more
than
willing to train on the methodology.  If you already know the language (What company
doesn't have enough trouble finding people who know the language?), learning the
coding practices should be easy enough.

  I did one job, where the first thing they did was sit me down and outline the
coding practices.  It took about a half hour sitting down with the lead developer.
I took notes, and then followed them.  No problems.

> Lastly, it's very simple to follow the programming flow of a fusebox app.  When
>something goes wrong, you simply search for the fuseaction in the index file and then
>you'll see right away all the templates in a single handy block that could be
>involved with the problem.

  As I said previously, any methodology worth its salt should offer this.  If
I don't know fusebox, then your app isn't going to be any easier to follow than
some other unknown methodology.  (It probably will be easier to follow than
random coding, though)

--
Jeff Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM: Reboog711  | ICQ: 5246969 | Phone: 860-229-2781