> I have seen where others have posted this question, but no resolution. CF
> keeps restarting and sometimes
> will lock up so badly that i have to restart the server? Here is the error
> message:
>
> The description for Event ID 0 from source ColdFusion 8 ODBC Server cannot be
> found. Either the component
> that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the
> installation is corrupted. You can install or
> repair the component on the local computer.
>
> If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to
> be saved with the event.
>
> The following information was included with the event:
>
> ColdFusion 8 ODBC ser...@localhost,ErrorCode=2310,ErrorMessage=TCP/IP,
> connection reset by peer
>
> I am running CF 8.01 on Windows Server 2008 using IIS 7.

What databases are you using? If you're not using ODBC datasources,
you can simply disable the ODBC services installed by CF. In any case,
it's not clear that this is actually the cause of (or even related to)
your problem.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.