I'm with Nick. I don't see an advantage to separating SQL questions from
other CF topics. I almost always read the SQL-related questions, and I
learn from them, as I do from many other topics discussed on this list. One
of the strengths of this community, IMO, is the breadth of knowledge of its
members. I think divvying the posts up into little separate islands of
interest will only serve to weaken the CF community.

--John

                    "DeVoil,

                    Nick"                To:     CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    <Nick.DeVoil@        cc:

                    bskyb.com>           Subject:     RE: Who wants a CF-SQL Mailing
List?

                    12/21/2000

                    09:48 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cf-talk

> I don't think SQL and Database questions are too welcome on
> this list.

I must be kind of unobservant, I hadn't noticed that.
Is that right?

I mean, as you say, CF and databases are pretty inseparable.

For me, two of the things that make this a great list are:

1. The breadth of subjects covered

2. The willingness of so many people to answer supposedly
   OT questions. Unlike some lists where people mentioning
   something OT always get flamed.

Nick

Information in this email is confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended for the addressee only. If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
You should not otherwise copy it, retransmit it or use or disclose its
contents to anyone.
Thank you for your co-operation.