You can seed a database with the schema then access it through passthrough
file syntax... .a single "prepared" temp DB could do the trick.

Basically you have a dummy access DSN setup, then you copy your prepped
access file to a temp location, load it with data using the passthrough
method, and then allow the user to download it (I usually zip it first).
Here's a link to a post on the passthrough method.

http://www.coldfusionmuse.com/index.cfm/2005/6/3/dsn_cfmx

While I agree with you about a CSV file in many cases, Leigh, sometimes this
is useful for exactly the reasons you are suggesting - that extra "access"
stuff allows you to create form interfaces, premade queries etc - enhancing
off line data mining for the user.

-mark

Mark A. Kruger, MCSE, CFG
(402) 408-3733 ext 105