> I am generating a text file from an online database that needs to be opened
> by the VB application with a CHR(10) character delimeter between
> fields.  The end user clicks "download" in my application and then saves the
> file to their computer to use with the VB application (3rd party
> written).  Here is an example of my code.  When opening the text file
> locally, it alway's has a new line character at the top of the file which
> chokes the VB program.  Any suggestions on an alternate way of doing this?
> Even hardcoding the line "this is a test" in the cfsavecontent
> statement causes the /n character to be inserted at the top of the file. In
> the real application the text string is "#fname# & CHR(10) & #lname#"
> etc.
>
> <!---
> Store the text you want to stream. --->
>
> <cfsavecontent variable="strText">
> This is a test.
> </cfsavecontent>

You have a newline at the beginning and end of your CFSAVECONTENT, I
suspect. Try rewriting it as a single line:

<cfsavecontent ...>This is a test</cfsavecontent>

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or on