First I would like to say that I am the type of person that relies on a good
product to do my work with, CFBuilder is not a great product and it has huge
potential.

Would I say it is worth the price tag, no I would not and others might find
that the tool is giving them the productivity that they require/need.

Personally I find that the features that would make me more productive, have
the most bugs that well let's say are not fixed and look like might not
being fixed in the next release, I am not holding my breath, because I
actually know that these bugs are actually ColdFusion related and the not
the tool, and we all know that ColdFusion X is at least 3 years away.

But this is me, others might find that the tool will give them the
productivity that warrants the price tag. I actually find that the most
productivity comes from 3rd party tools like subversive, mylyn and Task Pro.

But at the end of the day as someone else said, it is going to boil down to
whether it is going to make you more productive than what you might already
currently use, and I will go out on a limb and say that by Version 3 it will
be a tool that will come highly recommended and used within the community.
Just not sure most of us can actually wait that long :-)

Regards,
Andrew Scott
http://www.andyscott.id.au/