Hi,

We have a search page that used full-text catalogs on SQL Server in our
application. They take a very long time because they are running through close
to a million records using the CONTAINSTABLE T-SQL function. I'm thinking of
ways I can make this quicker, and Verity collections have not been used in our
application before.

I'm trying to decide whether to have one big collection for the million records
(which I guess would take ages to build) or to have lots of smaller collections
per client account. We have hundreds of clients.

Does anyone know how many verity collections CF can handle? We are currently
using CF5 (would you believe), but we are migrating to CF9, so answers for both
versions would be really great.