Well, this sure was a fun thread to scan through (ha!) It's funny how adamant
people can be about defending their position. Well, here's my two cents, for
what it is worth.

I've used both CFBuilder and CFEclipse, and I personally decided not to put the
money out for a copy of CFBuilder at this time, because *for what I do* and how
I write my code, I didn't feel it added enough value to warrant the cost *at
this time*. I've seen some previews of v2 and I almost certainly  will buy it
when that version comes out (well, maybe after the first update....I usually
avoid x.0 releases). I don't mind holding onto my cash and waiting for that
release when it comes, versus buying now and then having to pay for an upgrade.
It certainly wouldn't be the first time I've passed on a v1 release and waited
for the v2 with more bugs worked out and more features included. It's no
different than any other software decision I make in terms of cost-value to
me....like when I decided years ago that CF Studio was worth the price they
charged ($250 I believe - which I thought was highway robbery...and then used
that software for years and years!) CFEclipse for now does what I need, they've
continued to improve it (the cfscript color coding for instance is definitely
better than shown in that comparison PDF...and CFB is hardly perfect in this
respect either). A lot of the features that CFB touts (like introspection or
the SQL editor) don't tend to work for me the way my projects are set up, or
particularly when I'm using Coldspring for everything. And many of the
extensions I tried didn't work since they only work with tags (and I code
pretty extensively in script). Someone else however might try it and find they
can use these features extensively and thus the product would absolutely be
worth the price. Just because the price is too much for me and how I code
doesn't mean it isn't totally worth it for someone else, or that the next
version won't be worth every penny to even more of us. Complaining about the
price isn't likely to make Adobe change it, so if you don't like it, vote with
your pocket book. But I don't think it's a decision someone else can make for
you...you have to take the time to *really* evaluate the product and whether it
truly helps with your productivity.

--- Mary Jo