From: Eric Cobb [mailto:cft...@ecartech.com]
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 8:20 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Should I build my app as an API?

I'm getting ready to start working on what I hope is to become a pretty
large side project.  Right now I'm in the planning phases, and one of
the (eventual) plans is to have a full API that others can use to
interact with the site.  When thinking about this, I came up with an
idea that I wanted to run by you guys to get some opinions.

Instead of taking the usual approach of building the site like I want
then adding an API to it, what if I were to just build out the API
first, then build my site off of that API?  Has anyone ever done this,
or have any ideas on this?

I'm really hoping to get a good discussion going on this, so please let
me know what you think!

--

Thanks,

Eric Cobb