> I do wonder though why do so many of you seem to take the tack that if a
> company does (or doesn't do) something that it's both a) a fully thought out
> and analyzed decision and b) the right one.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't think I mentioned a "master plan". What I
did mention, was that they have a better vantage point on their own
business than you or I do. They've almost certainly done more market
research on their business than you or I have - I don't know about
you, but I haven't done any.

If they don't have a master plan, maybe you should be happy - if they
did, it would probably involve one of their other products. Again,
Adobe has a LOT of server products. CF is just one among many.

> Here, let me fill in your responses:

I can do that too:

"I know so much about marketing from my experience with small/midtier
companies in completely different lines of business that I can
accurately make a cost-benefit analysis without any background
information other than my own wild-ass guesses."

That's kind of fun!

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.