> All permissions are set correctly.  I still have the same
> problem though. Microsofts knowledge base isnt much use
> either. This is threatening to kill my weekend at this point :(

My guess is that, despite what you think, all permissions aren't set
correctly.

There are a couple of things you might try.

1. Can you reach HTML pages via the anonymous user, but not CF pages? If so,
the problem is that you need to allow RX rights for the anonymous user to
the C:\CFUSION\BIN\ISCF.DLL file, which is what IIS uses to pass requests to
CF. This is a common problem.

2. Can you log onto the console as the anonymous user, and browse the
filesystem and read the affected files? If not, that may be a problem.

3. Does the anonymous user have "log on locally" rights? If I recall
correctly, that's required in addition to simply allowing network logons for
that user. You'll need to go into User Manager and look at user rights under
the Policies menu.

4. If none of those guesses are correct, you might try using a nifty little
utility, NT File Monitor. It's freeware, and will let you see some of the
file access permissions issues in real time:

http://www.sysinternals.com/

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496