> Well, I'm wondering if I can access the instance using an external, website
> address. Our developers don't necessarily have
> access to logging into the server.

They don't have to log into the server, they can simply connect to the
listening port:

http://remote.server.url:8300/cfide/administrator/ ...

Alternatively, you could create multiple virtual servers in IIS, map
each to one of those virtual servers, then break the connectors
temporarily, then create the cluster, then map that to the "real"
virtual server, then go back and fix the connectors manually so that
you have two sets working at once. I've done this once, and it was
painful enough that I wouldn't recommend it.

> So, I'm hoping we could do something like this.
>
> http://www.website.com/index.cfm?CFID=x where x is the id of an instance.

No, there's no mechanism for that.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.