> > I installed the CF901 (APSB11-04) hotfix on our development and now
> we are having problems when trying to access different
> > applications in the same browser at the same time.  Each application
> wants to use its own CFID and CFTOKEN, but when you
> > log into one app which is app name "X", then try to open app "Z",
> you cannot get in because the CFID and CFTOKEN are already
> > there from the other application.  Our URL domain name is the same
> for both.  Was there something in the hotfix that prevents
> > this from happening now with the same domain name??
>
> Yes. This is a known (but not yet documented) issue. There are three
> ways you can fix this:
>
> 1. Revert to the prior configuration.
>
> 2. Ensure that you set the CFID and CFTOKEN cookies so that they're
> path-specific - you'll have to rewrite them yourself using CFCOOKIE.
>
> 3. Use J2EE session handling.
>
> Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
> http://www.figleaf.com/
> http://training.figleaf.com/
>
> Fig Leaf Software is a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) on
> GSA Schedule, and provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized
> instruction at our training centers, online, or
onsi

We're having a somewhat similar issue. We have multiple CF servers and use our
own server-independent session management using cookies and session info saved
in the database. We've found that if you go from one updated server to another
updated server it loses the user session. If you go to or from a NON-updated
server to an updated server it works fine. It also works if you stay on the
same updated server. Is this related? I had to roll the updated servers back,
but worry about updates in the future that include this hotfix.