Hi all,

This is a pretty odd request. I actually found someone asking a similar
question all over the place back in 2003 but they never found an answer as
far as I can tell. Basically, we have multiple products. All of those
products are .NET with exception to the one I work on (the better one!!)
which is obviously ColdFusion. (8.0.1).

All of the products have a similar web service and they all work and clients
can use them fine. We offer our products individually or as a suite. As a
suite, management wants a single “wrapper service” that handles calling all
of the individual product web services. That makes sense, better product
integration = a better experience.

However, management does not want that wrapper to cater to the products,
they want the products to cater to that wrapper. I’ve lost that battle about
4 times now so the only option is conformity at this point.

The problem with that are the many differences in the resulting stubs
between the CF product and the .NET products. I have worked with the guy
developing the wrapper to get all of the complex data types worked out
(almost) and there is one more nagging issue.

Let’s say the method in the service is called “myMethod”... all of the .NET
WSDLs have something like the following.

<MyMethodResponse xmlns=”http://Integrations/”>
        <MyMethodResul>
        …
        …
        …
        </MyMethodResult>
</MyMethodResponse>

The result from the CF webservice looks more like:

<ns1:MyMethodResponse
soapenv:encodingStyle=”http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/sopa/encoding/”
xmlns:ns1=”http://Integrations/”>
        <MyMethodReturn xsi:type=”ns2:RetObjName”
xmlns:ns2=”http://some.path”>
        …
        …
        …
        <MyMethodReturn>
</ns1:MyMethodResponse>

The difference that the other developer believes is causing an issue is
<MyMethodReturn> instead of <MyMethodResult>

Obviously, that isn’t something I am stubbing out manually; Axis is doing
that behind the scenes. We've been able to force the complex definitions in
the stub to be more like what we need them to be by using some custom object
CFCs and defining argument types like customType[].

However, I've not found ANYTHING that would allow me to override the
"Return" to "Result".

I have a hard time believing this is really the problem but I can't prove
that unless I can get it returned that way.

Does anyone have any idea on whether or not this is even possible in CF and,
if so, how it can be done?

I've been at this one for a while and would really appreciate any guidance
you can offer.

Thanks!

Bobby Ha