Are you using AVS (address verification system)?

Brook

-----Original Message-----
From: Casey Dougall [mailto:ca...@uberwebsitesolutions.com]
Sent: February-25-11 9:22 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: (ot) People using your shop cart to test credit cards.

Hi,

This comes up from time to time and it's truly been a pain to stop
completely. I'm wondering what some of you are doing that could help me
fight this type of fraudulent activity.

I've got checks in place for ipAddress, use of similar names on or addresses
on multiple decline attempts, blocking when I can but still people continue
to prob card numbers to see if they are valid. I had one guy today try from
4 separate ip addresses. All different names and addresses and credit card
numbers but similar enough to know it was same person.

What else can be done here?

This is a services related website so nothing shipped which I'm assuming
makes it a better target.