If you are using CF 9 or Railo, I'd look into the new caching
functions. CF9 uses ehCache if I recall. Railo can use ehCache,
memcached and a couple of others. You can serialize your query, do an
SHA1 hash of the serialized object to use as a key, put the query into
the cache with the hash as the key name, relocate and pass along the
key name and then fetch it back out of the cache via the key name.

This is a very scalable and high performance solution. Read up on
caching, it rocks. The functions you'll want to look up, btw, are
CachePut, CacheGet and related items.

Cheers,
Judah