Well there are more people ther einstalling wordpress than using there are
using wordpress.com, so I don;t reckon that has a lot to do with it.
The thing that makes a lot of these apps so popular is their simplicity to
install and use.
CF does already have some apps like this, MangoBlog, MuraCMS to mention 2
that I know of.

You also need to remember though that apps people write in CF are less
likely to get shared due to the associated price tag of CF which people like
to make money form their work, maybe Railo and BlueDragon will change that,
we will see.

To give you some hope though, I am working on some CF apps for the Microsoft
Web Platform Installer (http://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx),
which is also used by WebSitePanel (www.websitepanel.net) to power the
Application Gallery.
The Web Platform Installer allows users to easily install software on their
web serveror websites with a few clicks, I also suspect that the Railo
installer will make its way in here at some point, if not by me then by
someone else.