LOL...I was just explaining that everything is not black & white....my
client saved big time....was just explaining why they did.

I asked you if you had an alternative to adjusting the web server to
pump HTML and PDF files through CF....because you thought my idea was a
kludge (when I read statements like that I prefer to ask what the poster
feels is a better approach instead of assuming they are correct with no
evidence)

Someone else mentioned keeping the files outside the webroot and serving
them up via CF...and I gave that a + 1.

As I said...I have not read any of the thread prior to your post that I
replied to.....so I certainly don't know the OP's requirements.  I
simply gave an alternative to what you seemed to be suggesting ;-)

Happy Friday!