From: "Justin Scott" <leviat...@darktech.org>
To: "cf-talk" <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2011 4:41 PM
Subject: Open source ColdFusion forums

Hi everyone, I've recently taken a new job that has opened up some
free time for me, and I'm considering a project I'd thought about long
ago but never had time to implement.  I'm curious if there is any
interest in the development of an open source, ColdFusion-based forum
application.  The goal would be something comparable to vBulletin or
PHPBB done in ColdFusion, done in open source style, completely free.

It would seem that Ray's Galleon forums project is still alive and
well, so with one open source forum application out in the wild I'm
unsure if there is really need for another.  So first, I want to be
sure there would be interest in such a project; would the community
welcome a second open source forum application in ColdFusion?  Would
anyone use it?  Is there really a need for one?  Is there some other
category of software that I could invest time into that would be
better served?

I've been writing ColdFusion for over a decade, like many of you, and
am interested in contributing back to the community.  I welcome any
thoughts or feedback you might have.

-Justin Scott