And while there isn't anything inherently bad about iframes, people
considering that route should look into the potential security issues
involved. Browsers have really tightened up their security around
hidden iframes, cross domain http communication, cross domain cookies,
etc. Once again, not necessarily wrong, per se, but you very well
wander into an annoying set of problems that you might be able to
avoid using an ajax framework like JQuery or Dojo.

Cheers,
Judah