From: Robert Harrison [mailto:rob...@austin-williams.com]
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 11:48 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Strange Hack... WHY?

Someone has scraped our site and duplicated it on a similar URL.  Our
legitimate site is: http://www.austin-williams.com. The entire site has been
scraped and posted at: http://www.austinandwill.com/ .

The copy is almost an exact duplicate of our site, except they changed the
contact phone number. The phone number goes to some voice mailbox with no
identity.

We tried to trace the source, but the IP is obscured with numerous redirects
and seems to be in Russia, the registrar is in China and it's registered to
me (like our real domain... except the name and email address are
misspelled... purposely, I'm sure.).

Obviously they've put a lot of effort into this, but WHY?

Anyone have any thoughts on what they might be up to?

Whatever it is, I'm sure it's not good.

Thanks,

Robert B. Harrison
Director of Interactive Services
Austin & Williams
125 Kennedy Drive, Suite 100
Hauppauge NY 11788
P : 631.231.6600 Ext. 119
F : 631.434.7022
http://www.austin-williams.com

Great advertising can't be either/or.  It must be &.

Plug in to our blog: A&W Unplugged
http://www.austin-williams.com/unplugged