> Does anyone know why periodiocally the file.content from a
> cfhttp tag fails to output any content? I find it doubtful
> its on my end,as I can still output file.content from other
> sites. Actually, I'm trying to output the response.header,
> but just get a blank page sometimes. I'm thinking it could be
> the way their web server is handling http headers ? It a
> Netscape Web Server..

This sounds like it might be a problem with the targeted web server, and you
probably don't have any control over that. If it happens intermittently,
it's probably not a problem with HTTP headers, as your CFHTTP call will send
the same headers every time.

There are two things you might do. First, to diagnose the problem, you might
use a recording proxy. You'd run this proxy and point it to the target
server, then change your CFHTTP calls to run through the proxy. The proxy
would then log the HTTP conversation, and you could see exactly what's being
passed each way. There are two recording proxies I've mentioned on this list
before:

Stretch
http://www.kestral.com.au/devtools/

HTTPSniffer (requires Perl)
http://www.compansr.demon.co.uk/

The second thing you might do, is simply add exception handling to your
CFHTTP requests, so that you trap and handle these intermittent problems
without creating an error condition.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496