Ok, I got it to work but not the way I really want to do it... Under my LI,
I used a table with cell, spacing and borders set to 0, put the label in the
first td and the div containing the cfinput type datafield inside the second
td then closed it all.  Turns out just like I wanted, all be it messy lol.

Now the problem I am having is in IE7; the calendar is popping under the
field below it.  From what I am reading, this is a z-index issue and I have
to set a z-index on each of my fields or something (not entirely sure how to
do it...).  Anyone have any idea on this one? It is only in IE; IE8, Safari
and Firefox work fine.

Image of working form:

http://postimage.org/image/1m31h6rqc/

Image of calendar bleed problem in IE7: