You really should. I've yet to make a mistake like this in all my
years of coding. Be ashamed, Steve, be ashamed.

Now pardon me while I dodge the copious amount of lightning I see
approaching my vicinity...

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Steve L <steve.e.l...@gmail.com> wrote:

> wow, what a day...
>
> 10: open mouth ;
> 20: insert (foot || keyboard);
> 30: goto 10
>
> I really ought to read the code I'm posting about before breaking out the
> flame thrower...
>
> this problem has more to do with the initshow option, when false the
> component isn't 'rendered' until CF.Window.show is called (or the underlying
> render method). Prior to rendering the el member may be a string and the
> body, header, & footer properties aren't present; and of course calling
> certain methods (such as alignTo) prior to rendering is ill advised.
>
> Once rendered the el is resolved to an Ext.Element and the body, header, and
> footer properties are accessible.

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master

Email    : r...@camdenfamily.com
Blog      : www.coldfusionjedi.com