From the Adobe CF documentation on CGI variables
(http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/help.html?content=Expressions_8.html):

"In ColdFusion, these variables are referred to as /CGI environment
variables/. CGI Environment variables contain data about the transaction
between the browser and the server, such as the IP Address, browser
type, and authenticated username. The available CGI variables depend on
the browser and server software..."

"Because the available variables depend on the server, browser, and the
types of interactions between the two, not all variables are normally
available..."

Steve 'Cutter' Blades
Adobe Community Professional
Adobe Certified Expert
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
http://blog.cutterscrossing.com

Co-Author "Learning Ext JS 3.2" Packt Publishing 2010
https://www.packtpub.com/learning-ext-js-3-2-for-building-dynamic-desktop-style-user-interfaces/book

"The best way to predict the future is to help create it"