> Lets say I have a cffunction tag using output=false and I'm using a
> cftry/cfcatch within the function to handle an error. With output set to
> false, I can't display an error message or dump any vars. Does anyone know
> of a way to disable the output=false dynamically?

No, you can't dynamically set the OUTPUT attribute, or change any part
of the method signature dynamically. Basically, the method signature -
the specified inputs, outputs and environment parameters - are like
those of any other program: fixed and unchangeable.

But it seems to me that you would really just want the function to
raise the appropriate exception. Then you can let the exception
handler figure out what to do - display messages, etc.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.