I've been charged with choosing versioning software for our team, and I'd like
to recommend Subversion but there's a developer who wants a feature that I'm
not sure Subversion (or other versioning tools) can accommodate:  partial
commits.  For example, you may be working on a project where you've touched a
lot of code that is not ready for check-in, but then a high priority change
comes across your desk that requires you to make an unrelated change to one of
these files and check it in.  He wants to be able to pick and choose which
lines of a changed file get checked in.  Is that possible with any versioning
tool??