Well its kind of an odd scenario.

I've been given a schema and WSDL for a web service, but the schema and WSDL
are in XML, but the web service is expecting to receive request in JSON.

So, given a more typical web service, you'd get a WSDL and then a tool, like
Altove XMLspy (or an Eclipse plugin) could generate example soap packets for
each of the interactions the web service provides, albeit with place-holder
variables where your data would actually go.

In this scenario, I'll have to look at the WSDL on the left monitor and
manually type in JSON code into the editor on the right, versus having the
tool create example data packets.