OH wait.    I've done it again <slams forehead on the desk>  the
problem was i was updating the record using the text field in the
WHERE clause.

Bad bad bad me.

Sorry about that, everyone.   We return you to normal programming.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion 9 Enterprise, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month