session variables can only be set on the server, a form only exists in
HTML if you are not submitting the form then nothing is being sent to
the server for you to store in any scope.
Therefore you will either need to pass the current form field values
between your windows using Javascript or you will need to use AJAX to
store the current selection in session scope so that you can then
access it on the new window.

Russ