Yes, we use Fusion Reactor and can view the vitals including which threads are
hung (essentially all threads). Other vitals don't point to anything suspect.
However today, we had a different problem. Only one instance hung and it was a
CPU problem. The entire server memory was being used by the one instance.
Restarting the instance DID solve the problem, unlike the issue last night,
where rebooting did not help. We had to restart the server.

Today we made sure that all CFC and functions had properly scoped vars (they
didn't before). Several of these cfcs were called each time a page loaded
(often!). So we're keeping our fingers crossed that this was the problem.
(Thanks Justin, we used varscoper to find them).

Still would love to be able to clear those network sockets without rebooting
the server after these events.

Rick