> I am a newbie to Coldfusion, maybe about 6 weeks old. In my
> previously life, I have been in the client/server arena for
> over 11 years. I have used many types of interactive debuggers
> but when it comes to using the debugger for studio, I just
> don't get it.
>
> I have a fusebox infrastructure that I would like to step through.
>
> I tried following the instructions in the Coldfusion Studio's
> manual but I am not succeeding.

Unfortunately, the interactive debugger can be a bit difficult to deal with.
It's a little more complex in its setup than traditional debuggers, which
debug code running on the developer's machine. The interactive debugger uses
the RDS client to connect to a CF server, then send instructions to that
server to stop at the breakpoints you've set, etc.

You might find this presentation useful. It covers using the interactive
debugger, among other things:

http://www.figleaf.com/figleafhome/cfug/CFUGSep99-GAkickoff.zip

In my opinion, though, just debugging manually, by placing CFOUTPUTs and
CFABORTs in your pages to diagnose specific problems, is easier and more
helpful.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496