Hi,
You might already solved the problem. Since I do not see any post here I
reply it anyway.

First, if you use SQL server , you have to set up the return code you self
in the stored procedure. Because the default return code is 0.

The stored procedure should look something like:

CREATE PROCEDURE spUpdateUser
@@picture char(20),
@@userid  char(20 )

As
UPDATE PasUsers
SET picture = '@picture'
WHERE userid = '@userid'
Return @@Rowcount
GO

The @@Rowcount is the number of the record affected by the update action,
in this case should be 1.
I made up the data type by guessing you should change them to the correct
ones.

Second, after the calling of the stored procedure, You put:

<cfset UpdateOk = CFStoredProc.Statuscode>

<cfif UpdateOK is 1>
<cfoutput>UpdateOK </cfoutput> record has been updated in the database
<cfelse>
Sorry, it failed

</cfif>

You can customize the if statement to suit your needs.

Hope this helps

Sima

                    "S R"

                    <dharkangel333@ho        To:     CF-Talk
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    tmail.com>               cc:

                                             Subject:     cfstoredproc problem

                    12/29/00 05:32 PM

                    Please respond to

                    cf-talk

I have been at this for the past 35 minutes and I just can't figure it out.

This cfstoredproc just isn't working. I've tested the actual stored
procedure on SQL Server by placing some actual values in the stored
procedure and it worked. But when I try to use this cfstoredproc to do the
stored procedure it doesn't do anything. The #cfstoredproc.statuscode# is
even at 0> can you see anything wrong?

<CFSTOREDPROC DATASOURCE="#application.datasource#"
PROCEDURE="sp_UpdatePicture" DBNAME="userpreferences" RETURNCODE="Yes">
<CFPROCPARAM CFSQLTYPE="CF_SQL_VARCHAR" DBVARNAME="@picture"
VALUE="#FORM.picture#" TYPE="In">
<CFPROCPARAM CFSQLTYPE="CF_SQL_VARCHAR" DBVARNAME="@userid"
VALUE="#session.userid#" TYPE="In">