I thought that would be the case as well after researching a bit
further, but I haven't been able to get the two to finish at the same
time.  Could just be a timing thing.  The code that is executed once
the XML response is returned is quite lengthy, performing a number of
checks and rolling up the daily data into monthly values and
re-inserting those as well.  I'm going to go back through and double
check to make sure I don't have anything nested, or if there is
anything else I can find that might be causing this.

Thank you both for the direction, looks like I've got a bit more to
work through.

Matt