I think the ColdFusion scheduler works great and can be used for
mission-critical applications.

I don't think you will find too many fundamental complaints about
using it, unless perhaps you are looking at complaints from 10 years
ago. Occasionally you will see comments about a scheduled task not
executing, but I think all of these end up being user error where
people don't enter a configuration setting correctly, or they have an
error in the page being executed. Other times you will see comments
about a task running more than once, but most of these are people
forgetting that they set up the same scheduled task on a development
or test server.

I can't think of too many issues with using the cfscheduler that are
not ultimately the result of user error.

The daylight saving time clock adjustment can be a source of
uncertainty, but this would be the case for any task scheduler.

If a page execution takes longer than the scheduled repeating
interval, say it takes 15 minutes to run a page that is scheduled to
run every five minutes, and there is no multi-threading protection in
the code, then this can be another source of problems.

-Mike Chabot