> > What we would like to do is completely separate our CF 9 server from
> the rest of our current Web configuration.  That is, we want to place
> 32 bit
> > ColdFusion 9 on a separate (64 bit) Windows Server 2008 computer
> running IIS 7.5.  I'll call this physical machine our ColdFusion
> Server.
>
> Out of curiosity, at that point why not use 64-bit CF on your 64-bit
> server?

Fear of the unknown.  We considered it but discarded the idea because we
believe we are going to have sufficient hurdles to overcome just divorcing our
CF server from the rest of our Web configuration.  Once we get/if we get this
proposed configuration functional, then we plan to erect a duplicated
environment using 64 bit CF 9.

> > All our CMS-generated Web-page content will appear on our Primary
> Web Server because that is where our CMS software resides.  However,
> we
> > would like to be able to point to ColdFusion applications on our
> ColdFusion Server from various Web pages on our Primary Web Server so
> that our
> > ColdFusion Server can process those requests and spit the results
> onto our ColdFusion Server.  That is, most of our
> ColdFusion-generated
> > content will appear on our ColdFusion Server, but we still might
> require some ColdFusion-generated content to appear on our Primary Web
> Server
> > integrated with our CMS-generated Web pages.  Is this feasible, and
> if so, can it be accomplished with CF 9 Standard Edition, or is the
> Enterprise
> > Edition required and why?
>
> There are two ways you could do this: using "distributed mode" in CF,
> or using IIS as a reverse proxy for specific URL patterns that
> correspond to your web applications on the other server. The
> distributed mode functionality is somewhat limited and CF-specific,
> and may not work in your environment, so I'd suggest the reverse
> proxy
> approach. Google "IIS reverse proxy" for more information.

Forgive my obtuseness, but does this mean we can use the Standard Edition of CF
9?

> Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
> http://www.figleaf.com/
> http://training.figleaf.com/
>
> Fig Leaf Software is a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) on
> GSA Schedule, and provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized
> instruction at our training centers, online, or
on