after moving to oracle several months, we continue to discover new
"tricks" that are dragging down our development efforts.

for example, SQL7 will order a column with NULL values at the top, while
Oracle will order them at the bottom.

   sorted by MSSQL7:  NULL, NULL, NULL, 1, 2, 3
   sorted by Oracle:  1, 2, 3, NULL, NULL, NULL

case sensitivity also throws off ordering, oracle will order all
uppercase before ordering lowercase:

   sorted by MSSQL7:  jones, Smith, thomas, White
   sorted by Oracle:  Smith, White, jones, thomas

can anyone point me to a resource (webpage, book, etc) or take a few
minutes to list any little trick that you found or know? it seems like
there would be some resource out there specifically targeted for
MSSQL-to-Oracle migrations, but i haven't been able to find any and it's
the little things that kill your application! any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Mike Amburn, Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]