i don't think that's it; i can send it without the quotes to my mail server
and it doesn't choke.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim McAtee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2001 9:17 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CFMAIL addresses & commas

I think you'll find this isn't a CF issue, but rather how your outgoing SMTP
server interprets the address being passed to it.  CF is only sending a
single message to the mail server.  Most mail servers will then send out
multiple emails if the TO field has address separated by commas.  Try
different punctuation combinations to find one that works.  Maybe something
like:

"Bromby, Dylan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Jim