> I don't think it was too long. However, I don't really understand the
> question at all. What do you mean by "instances", or "interface" in
> this context?

For instance, I mean something like:
request.oExistCheck     = createObject("component","cfc.ExistCheck");

Note that if I searched for ExistCheck.cfc, this would not be found.  So I must
search for "ExistCheck", which will give me many, many returns.

As for Interface, I mean a web page, which each page has many includes,
modules, instances and references many scopes of variables.  In this case, it
has tabs and many pages within tabs to get at information.  It's impractical to
root through that convoluted interface to find something (we have the cf
debugger ON).

If I can assure that .cfm files can not be birthed into instances and that only
cfc can be birthed into instances, then I can eliminate .cfm files from my
search.

I'm really lost on finding where these table queries are enacted on the
interface and have been at it for four days, just to be able to tell our QA
people where to test.

thank you for listening.

daniel