If I had to change something temporarily by commenting it out, I'd be
wanting to leave any comments in the code.   That way, if i ended up
UNcommenting it again,  the restored routine would still have the comments
in it.    If that segment of code is permanently disabled, I'd probably
remove it, along with the comments.

So yes, it's quite possible that code I work on could have nested comments.
 But that would be deliberate.

The worst job I've ever had to do was work on a 1500 line file, where the
IT Director had ordered that all comments be removed 'because they only
make the file bigger and take longer to load'.     The structure of the
code was peppered with '<cfif clientid = '423'> style customisations and
all carriage returns and comments had been removed.    It took me hours to
simply find the line i was supposed to correct.

So yes,  any commented out code I work on will have its embedded comments
remain.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion 9 Enterprise, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month