remember that using cfcontent to deliver files puts load onto coldfusio, as
every file has to be loaded into memory and served up, if you have a lot of
files to serve then this could easily overload CF.
Serving the file directly from an authenticated folder will not involve cf
at all and will be handled by the web server.