I could use some brainstorming help please to sort out this issue. A disclaimer
is I'm attempting to get our sys admins to hook up the apache sendfile into iis
6.x, however the timeline might not help me here.

We have two racks with a CF 8.x app server, file server, db server. They all
run on win2k3 server. We have a requirement to use secure downloads off our
file structure, based on cascading permissions. Both pages are currently using
CFContent to send the user the file. The app servers under equal load
conditions, going through the same router to an OC-3, are having a large
disparity on file transfer times. One server is transferring around 1.5MB/sec,
the other around 35KB/sec. The interesting thing is a direct download of a file
on the slower server pushes through at 1.3MB/sec.

As of a couple days ago, both app servers are completely in line configuration
wise. This made no change to the speeds (slower one was a minor version nbr
lower on JVM). Any thoughts? I'm pulling my hair out here. Thx.