Thanks Russ, Scott@fussionapps has been kind enough to give me a nice code..
The little challenge was that the columns were not fixed and query  results are
completely dyanmic...

Just posting it here for reference

<CFLOOP query="qry_data">
<CFQUERY name="qry_insert" datasource="#request.dsn#">
INSERT INTO SomeTable (
<CFLOOP from="1" to="#Listlen(qry_data.ColumnList)#" index="i">
#qry_data.GetMetaData().GetColumnName(i)#
<CFIF !i EQ ListLen(qry_data.ColumnList)>, </CFIF>
</CFLOOP>)

VALUES (
<CFLOOP from="1" to="#Listlen(qry_data.ColumnList)#" index="i">
<!--- Putting these into variables to make it easier for you to reuse later if
needed --->
<CFSET variables.ColumnName = qry_data.GetMetaData().GetColumnName(i)>
<CFSET variables.ColumnType = qry_data.GetMetaData().GetColumnTypeName(i)>
<CFSET variables.ColumnData =
qry_data[qry_data.GetMetaData().GetColumnName(i)][qry_data.currentrow]>

<!--- Check Len so we can insert NULLs where needed --->
<CFIF Len(variables.ColumnData)>
#variables.ColumnType#
<CFSWITCH expression="#variables.ColumnType#">
<!--- Things that need to be wrapped in single quotes(add as needed) --->
<CFCASE value="VARCHAR,NVARCHAR,DATETIME,SMALLDATETIME,UNIQUEIDENTIFIER">
'#variables.ColumnData#'
</CFCASE>

<!--- You can add other cases here if you want --->

<!--- Things that dont --->
<CFDEFAULTCASE>
#variables.ColumnData#
</CFDEFAULTCASE>
</CFSWITCH>
<CFELSE>
NULL
</CFIF>
<CFIF !i EQ ListLen(qry_data.ColumnList)>, </CFIF>
</CFLOOP>)
</CFQUERY>
</CFLOOP>
</CFOUTPUT>