This is a square peg in a round or square hole scenario.

My suggestion would be to do a cost and performance analysis to determine
what solutions are best suited to your (or your customers) needs.

Outside of that, I personally probably wouldn't use a solution like this
except for a highly portable app. Something like a smart phone app, with
simple, low volume data requirements. It might provide the high availabilty
without a large cost.

I would always keep in mind growth and migration of data services.  "If"...
Amazon went out of business what would you do? How easy would it be to
migrate the data to another platform? Where are backups? Will this suit my
requirement when it grows 100 fold? What is Amazon's SLA and is that
acceptable for my requirements? Remember no one can guarantee 100% uptime,
if they do they are lying.

Oh, don't laugh at the Amazon comment, remember GoDaddy told CF customers
to take a hike recently.

Byron Mann
Lead Engineer and Architect
Hostmysite.com