From: Dan Kraus [mailto:dskr...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:04 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Local Dev Environment Troubles w/ Virtual Host- CF Builder

Hi All, long time reader, first time poster! But I'm beating my head
against the wall here...

I've been developing locally in CFBuilder on Windows 7. When I installed
CFBuilder I used the "Built-In Webserver" option rather than local IIS or
Apache or something else.

Things have been working fine - I could access my server at
http://localhost:8300, set up databases, and do the typical things one
would expect.

I have a few different projects in the root server each in their own
folder. However, this required browsing to
http://localhost:8300/myProjectFolder but to simulate the production sites,
this couldn't continue. I wanted to set it up so I could do
http://myproject.dev or some variation but the problem is I can't quite
figure out how, or at least how to do it correctly.

In my local server aptly named LocalDev configuration from CFBuilder, I
added a Virtual Host named myproject.dev, Host name, myproject.dev, Port
8300 (same as the server) over http and pointed at my document root which
lives in the cf server root folder. I had a multi-instance install so the
path is C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\myProject

I then right clicked on my project >Properties>Coldfusion Server Settings
and selected my server with the virtual host. "LocalDev-myproject.dev" and
see a Sample Url of http://myproject.dev:8300/

Now it looks like all systems go but when I try to browse there to a basic
txt file right in the root http://myproject.dev:8300/readme.txt

Chrome says "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to myproject.dev:8300"
Firefox equivalent is "The connection has timed out The server at
myproject.dev is taking too long to respond."

What am I doing wrong!? I'm going nuts over here!

Thanks!