I personally do not rate most certifications or even consider them them
when employing someone, nor do most other employers I know.
All a certification usually means is that you can answer a bunch of
questions and pass a test. I know several people who had Advanced certs in
CF (95% pass) but were still rubbish developers.
Same applies to any cert really. All the test really does is test your
knowledge of the language, not how to write good code, trouble shoot
problems etc.
Most savvy employers will get you to take their own competency test to
prove your skills. The only ones who really make decisions based of
certifications are the non technical ones who have no other way to asses
your skills.
Of course if the cost of taking the certification is not an issue for you,
then there is no harm in doing it, so you may as well.

If there are any other employers on here perhaps they will pipe up also.