> I've been trying to use FusionReactor in combination with a very simple
> tracking script, where I use tickcount to time our how it takes to render a
> page on the server.
>
> What's really leaving me stumped, is the fact that sometimes there's a huge
> difference in how long FusionReactor says a request took (13
> seconds for example) and the time I logged for the page to render on the
> server (.25 seconds).

If you're using timers within a page, those timers can only show you
how long it takes to execute that section of the page. But a request
has a longer lifespan than that:
- first, it sits in a queue if there aren't any available worker threads,
- then, it's processed by a worker thread,
- next, the output is passed to the web server,
- finally, the output is passed to the client over the network

Each of these steps may introduce lag. I suspect that FusionReactor is
measuring the first two.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.