This is kind of a re-post as I'm seeing other cf-talk messages in the
archive relating to this issue but I'm a bit stuck so thought I'd ask
anyway.

I've built a bounce manager using the standard catch-all email domain method
and it works great. Except that one of the mail servers returning a message
has done so in UTF-7 format which is, of course, generating a CF error when
I run CFPOP against the bounce mail account.

Having googled the problem and seen 2 solutions:

1. jcharset
http://cfg11n.blogspot.co.uk/2005/06/utf-7.html

2. cfx_pop3
http://store.newmediadevelopment.net/cfx_tag.cfm?ProductID=3

I've tried both and neither has worked.

I'm running CF 8.01 on linux which is why I think the cfx_pop3 tag failed,
that's a DLL which is windows specific afaik. When I try to run the CFX_pop
tag the server is unable to load the library.

The jcharset file is stored in /cfroot/runtime/jre/lib and I checked the
permissions but upon restarting the server it doesn't seem to make any
difference at all and the bounce manager script still bombs out.

I was just wondering if anyone has come up with any other workarounds for
this problem?

Thanks in advance for any assistance ;-)

best wishes,

      -= Ed

Edward Chanter
Technical Innovations Manager