Dave,

Thanks for your thoughts. I am pretty sure that the IIS virtual directories
must be the problem. I can go into IIS and browse to the virtual directories
and see all of the files in them but IIS does not seem to want to serve them
up. I can access the other server directly by setting the file name through the
other server name and everything works fine.

<cfset filename = "\\bpsbs/pdfarchive/" & "#(Int(URL.fn/10000)*10)#" & "kPDFs\"
& "#URL.fn#" & ".pdf">

The problem with changing everything over to this method is that on some pages
I also use the <embed> tag to directly embed the PDF in the page so it shows
along with some other text and form buttons, etc. When I use the <embed> tag
with the file name built using a direct reference to the server it does not
display.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I am afraid my next option is going
to be to re-install the server from a backup from last week. The data is on
another drive so I won't lose anything except a lot of down time and hours
spent doing it.

Thanks

Curt

onl