If you're on CF9+, then you can do what you want:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/CFMLRef/WSe9cbe5cf462523a0693d5dae123bcd28f6d-7ffb.html

You can also duplicate this concept in earlier versions of ColdFusion. I
actually built an implementation for CF8 (probably would work in CF7 too)
that also fixed some of the bugs/issues w/the CF9 implementation due to how
they parse out the params (but it uses the same syntax.)

Unfortunately, I can't share the code, but the basic idea is you just parse
the SQL statement and then inside a <cfquery> statement you walk through
the parsed string, outputting the straight text or implementing
<cfqueryparam /> when you come to a parameter statement.

-Dan